CommonShare is a browser extension / BHO from Superweb LLC for Google Chrome and also for Mozilla Firefox and the Internet Explorer browser. This browser extension is probably installed by third-party software by the industry known as Adware or PUPs, others might call it a virus. Additional software is offered during the installation, most of the time this unwanted software is already checked and enabled during installation. If you do not read the term of agreements or any agreement during installation, you might end up with adware on your computer. Basically the issue with adware is that they install themselves on your computer without your knowledge. Browser Extensions can access your data on all websites including browsing activity and use this information to promote ads, pop-ups, inline-text advertisements for revenue.
Browser Extensions are usually very helpful and enhance your browser experience. Since the introduction of Browser Extensions in 2010 for Google Chrome they are being used more and more. These additions, usually written by a third-party, can expand your browser’s functionality to unlimited levels. Unfortunately there are also third-party’s that use Browser Extensions not to enhance your browser experience but by enhancing their own experience by implementing add-on’s that promote ads and other not useful malicious software. It is advised to follow all steps in this removal instruction to completely clean your computer and browser(s) from any unwanted PUPs, Adware, Toolbars, Browser Extensions.
Remove CommonShare ads
Remove CommonShare – Windows 7
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select CommonShare, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Remove CommonShare – Windows 8
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click CommonShare, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure when you uninstall the malware that there is no extra software is offered during uninstallation and read every pop-up before clicking any button.
Remove CommonShare from Internet Explorer
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then select CommonShare
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
The risks of installing Internet Explorer add-ons
While add-ons can make your browsing experience better by giving you access to great web content, some add-ons can pose security, privacy, or performance risks. Make sure any add-ons you install are from a trusted source.
Remove CommonShare from Google Chrome
Uninstall an extension to remove it completely from the Google Chrome browser. Extensions are extra features and functionality that can easily be added to Google Chrome. By using extensions, you can customize Google Chrome with features you like, while keeping your browser free of things that you don’t use. Unfortunately there are also extensions that are used to collect personal and internet behaviour from your computer for revenue. Make sure you delete all extensions from Google Chrome that you do not need, know or trust. Keep the extensions in Google Chrome clean for the best internet experience while using Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the CommonShare 1.0.0 extension you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove. If the extension is Installed by Enterprise Policy follow this guide.
Remove CommonShare from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select CommonShare 1.0.0 you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove or Disable button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
Remove Extensions or Browser Helper Objects using Avast Browser Cleanup
This new tool serves to delete pesky and unwanted toolbars and plug-ins (extensions or browser helper objects) from your browser(s). Simply download and run the Browser Cleanup utility without the need to install anything. Once you run the utility, you will see a list of toolbars and plug-ins and be able to disable them with one simple click. Avast Browser Cleanup is completely free of charge.
- Select your current browser from the list on the left
- Uncheck the box “Exclude add-ons with a good rating“
- Click Disable or Remove by the Browser Helper Object or Extension you wish to disable or remove according the malware you try to remove. Search for the malware in the list and remove anything you don’t know.
- Optional: if you would like to reset your browser click “Reset Settings” in the right upper corner of Avast Browser Cleanup. This will solve most of the problems with your browser. First remove any extension or browser helper object.
AdwCleaner – Automatically remove Adware, Hijacks or Redirects
How to use AdwCleaner step-by- step using this guide on how to remove any kind of unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and all sorts of adware with AdwCleaner. Today, a lot of the software free to download is bundled with all sorts of additional (unwanted) software such as toolbars and other software that you may prefer not to have on your computer. Often and even unasked adware is installed on your computer. This potentially unwanted software known as (PUPs) are often difficult to remove.
This is where AdwCleaner will help you clean your computer from the unwanted software. AdwCleaner is free to use and offers a scan feature to determine if the found software is malicious or not. If you do not want to remove the software that is found during the scan, simply uncheck it from the items list.
AdwCleaner does not contain a installer and can be opened from any location on your computer. After the scan and removal of unwanted software, simply click the Uninstall button in AdwCleaner to remove AdwCleaner.
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevated permissions to remove specific files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Report button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyse.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this logfile can be found in your systemdrive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyse, if not just delete AdwCleaner using the Uninstall button.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware – Remove any malware and protect your computer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free uses industry-leading technology to detect and remove all traces of malware, including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, and more. Or, consider the constant protection of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO to help automatically prevent malware from reinfecting your PC.
We supply the free version as our instructions only use free software. But consider buying MalwareBytes Anti-Malware after using it for a while in the free version.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Quick Scan
- Select Quick Scan
- Click the Scan button to start a malware scan on your computer
- Wait a few minutes for the scan the complete
- When the scan is done you get a notification, click the Show Results button
- Right click with the mouse in the results and select Check all items
- Click Remove Selected button, MalwareBytes will prompt you to restart you computer.
If you find malware in your free scan consider upgrading to our PRO Version. The PRO version stops malware dead in its tracks, never allowing it to access your PC.
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Blazing fast flash scans
Only $24.95 for a lifetime license. This is not a attempt to let you buy software you do not need or that does not work, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works. Over 300 million downloads worldwide, they can’t be wrong are they ? Try the free version first.
Real-Time Malware Detection and Removal
Three proprietary technologies automatically protect you from malware that antivirus products don’t detect.
Anti-Phishing and Identity Theft Protection
Blocks malicious websites that steal your credit card information or identity or that install malware.
Faster Scanning and Minimal System Requirements
Offers a lightning-fast Flash Scan mode and takes up less space on your hard drive than 10 digital music files.
Drills down and removes even deeply embedded rootkits.
Protects Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro against malware’s attempts to prevent its installation.