HDMovieSearch.com is a browser hijacker also known as a Potentially Unwanted Program as it changes your default homepage and search engine to HDMovieSearch.com. Avoiding PUPs is not always an easy task, this Browser Hijacker is often bundled using freeware and offered during the installation of legit software. Software from several major download sites may contain additional software.
Be aware when you install software onto your computer and carefully read the terms of agreements during installation. PUPs, Adware or Browser Hijackers are commonly bundled with the software. This software is not always malicious and may occasionally be offered as software to enrich your browser experience.
The interesting part of this Browser Hijackers is they might install software to protect themselves against changing the default homepage to another homepage.
This might sound like a good thing, but it is just a nasty way to keep their Search Engine as default homepage and default search engine to get web-traffic and revenue by promoting in-text advertisements. However, these Browser Hijackers are not detected by Antivirus software as Browser Hijackers are considered “PUPs” Potentially Unwanted Programs.
Remove HDMovieSearch.com redirect – Browser Hijacker virus
Sophos HitmanPro – Advanced Cloud Malware Scanner
HitmanPro is a powerful, professional-grade malware cleaner. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, Trojans, worms, bots, and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). It completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. With its advanced behavioral detection technologies, it’ll be as if your computer was never infected in the first place. Plus, HitmanPro can run alongside your current antivirus to catch anything that may have slipped through.
Download Sophos HitmanPro (opens in a new window)
- Launch the Sophos HitmanPro installation.
- Follow instructions
- Click Next to continue
- Accept the license and click Next to continue
- Leave this default on yes, click Next to continue
- HitmanPro now starts scanning and removing malware from your computer.
- Follow instructions and enjoy a clean computer.
Malwarebytes – Next generation Malware Removal and Antivirus Replacement
Malwarebytes is a next-generation antivirus replacement. Malwarebytes is the first of its kind for home users, employing four independent technology modules—anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection—to block and remove both known and unknown threats.
Download Malwarebytes for Windows for free and you get 14 days of full real-time protection. After the 14 days are up, Malwarebytes for Windows reverts to a very limited but still free version that will only disinfect and remove malware after a malware attack.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Malware scan using the Scan Now button. Check your computer for Malware for free using Malwarebytes.
- Click “Quarantine Selected” to proceed, all Malware found on your computer will be removed for free using Malwarebytes.
- If necessary reboot your computer to complete the malware removal process.
Detects and prevents contact with fake websites and malicious links. You are proactively protected from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising. Worried about wandering into a “bad” Internet neighborhood? Now you don’t have to be.
AdwCleaner – Automatically remove Adware, Pop-ups, and Redirects for free!
How to use AdwCleaner step-by- step using this guide on how to remove any kind of unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and all sorts of adware with AdwCleaner. Today, a lot of the software free to download is bundled with all sorts of additional (unwanted) software such as toolbars and other software that you may prefer not to have on your computer. Often and even unasked adware is installed on your computer. This potentially unwanted software known as (PUPs) are often difficult to remove.
This is where AdwCleaner will help you clean your computer from the unwanted software. AdwCleaner is free to use and offers a scan feature to determine if the found software is malicious or not. If you do not want to remove the software that is found during the scan, simply uncheck it from the items list.
AdwCleaner does not contain an installer and can be opened from any location on your computer. After the scan and removal of unwanted software, simply click the Uninstall button in AdwCleaner to remove AdwCleaner.
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, Windows 10 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevating permissions to remove malware files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer, just yet.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Logfile button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyze.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this log file can be found on your system drive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyze, if not: just delete AdwCleaner.