KeyCoupons is a Potentially Unwanted Program (possible known as “adware”), which installs itself on Internet browsers when users downloaded free software from websites that promote bundled custom installers. Developers of this adware use a dubious software marketing method named bundling to install the KeyCoupons plugin inadvertently without their permission. After successful infiltration, this add-on generates intrusive online advertisements: sponsored links, banner, interstitial, videos, coupons, and in-text advertisements and possible audio advertisements. Clicking on these third party ads can lead to high-risk malware infections. Besides, this plugin tracks clients Internet searching action by recording Urls of sites went by, pursuit terms entered into web indexes, IP locations, and other data, which might be generally identifiable. This can bring problems of genuine security issues or fraud.
Browser Extensions are usually very helpful and enhance your browser experience. Since the introduction of Browser Extensions in 2010 for Google Chrome they are being used more and more. These additions, usually written by a third-party, can expand your browser’s functionality to unlimited levels. Unfortunately there are also third-party’s that use Browser Extensions not to enhance your browser experience but by enhancing their own experience by implementing add-on’s that promote ads and other not useful malicious software. It is advised to follow all steps in this removal instruction to completely clean your computer and browser(s) from any unwanted PUPs, Adware, Toolbars, Browser Extensions.
Remove KeyCoupons – Windows 7
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select KeyCoupons, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Remove KeyCoupons – Windows 8
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click KeyCoupons, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure when you uninstall the malware that there is no extra software is offered during uninstallation and read every pop-up before clicking any button.
Remove KeyCoupons from Internet Explorer
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then select KeyCoupons
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
The risks of installing Internet Explorer add-ons
While add-ons can make your browsing experience better by giving you access to great web content, some add-ons can pose security, privacy, or performance risks. Make sure any add-ons you install are from a trusted source.
Remove KeyCoupons from Google Chrome
Uninstall an extension to remove it completely from the Google Chrome browser. Extensions are extra features and functionality that can easily be added to Google Chrome. By using extensions, you can customize Google Chrome with features you like, while keeping your browser free of things that you don’t use. Unfortunately there are also extensions that are used to collect personal and internet behaviour from your computer for revenue. Make sure you delete all extensions from Google Chrome that you do not need, know or trust. Keep the extensions in Google Chrome clean for the best internet experience while using Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the KeyCoupons extension you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove. If the extension is Installed by Enterprise Policy follow this guide.
Remove KeyCoupons from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select KeyCoupons you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove or Disable button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
Remove Extensions or Browser Helper Objects using Avast Browser Cleanup
This new tool serves to delete pesky and unwanted toolbars and plug-ins (extensions or browser helper objects) from your browser(s). Simply download and run the Browser Cleanup utility without the need to install anything. Once you run the utility, you will see a list of toolbars and plug-ins and be able to disable them with one simple click. Avast Browser Cleanup is completely free of charge.
- Select your current browser from the list on the left
- Uncheck the box “Exclude add-ons with a good rating“
- Click Disable or Remove by the Browser Helper Object or Extension you wish to disable or remove according the malware you try to remove. Search for the malware in the list and remove anything you don’t know.
- Optional: if you would like to reset your browser click “Reset Settings” in the right upper corner of Avast Browser Cleanup. This will solve most of the problems with your browser. First remove any extension or browser helper object.
AdwCleaner – Automatically remove Adware, Hijacks or Redirects
How to use AdwCleaner step-by- step using this guide on how to remove any kind of unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and all sorts of adware with AdwCleaner. Today, a lot of the software free to download is bundled with all sorts of additional (unwanted) software such as toolbars and other software that you may prefer not to have on your computer. Often and even unasked adware is installed on your computer. This potentially unwanted software known as (PUPs) are often difficult to remove.
This is where AdwCleaner will help you clean your computer from the unwanted software. AdwCleaner is free to use and offers a scan feature to determine if the found software is malicious or not. If you do not want to remove the software that is found during the scan, simply uncheck it from the items list.
AdwCleaner does not contain a installer and can be opened from any location on your computer. After the scan and removal of unwanted software, simply click the Uninstall button in AdwCleaner to remove AdwCleaner.
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevated permissions to remove specific files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Report button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyse.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this logfile can be found in your systemdrive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyse, if not just delete AdwCleaner using the Uninstall button.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware – Remove any malware and protect your computer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Threat Scan
Finds what antivirus doesn’t
Three proprietary technologies (signature, heuristics, and behavorial) automatically protect you and your online experience from malware that antivirus products don’t detect.
Removes what antivirus can’t
Employs malware removal techniques so innovative that computer technicians often recommend Malwarebytes when an antivirus can’t finish the job.
Proprietary Malwarebytes Chameleon technology protects Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium against malware’s attempts to disable it, so you’re always protected.
Finds even deeply embedded rootkits
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit technology drills down and removes malicious rootkits, one of the most dangerous forms of malware.
Protects you from fake websites
Blocks malicious websites that can steal your credit card information or identity, or that can install malware.
Works faster and leaves a small footprint
Offers lightning fast Hyper Scan mode and takes up less space on your hard drive than 10 digital music files.