MaxOnClick.com ads might occur when your computer is infected with a malicious browser extension installed by Adware or Potentially Unwanted Software (PUPs). The pop-up ads from “MaxOnClick.com” are caused by adware.
The domain is only used to promote the ads and not malicious or associated with the malware. The ads might vary, sometimes it promotes products from different shopping sites, sometimes fake updates and in this case a MaxOnClick.com pop-up. Related adware is usually bundled with freeware. It’s very important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screen when installing free software.
If the custom installation offers a decline, custom or advanced button, click it to find out if there is any additional software installed that you do not need or want. During installation the adware offers you additional software to enrich your browser experience. Take note that this additional software might be bundled with ads to keep it free.
Remove MaxOnClick.com pop-up ads
Remove Extensions or Browser Helper Objects using Avast Browser Cleanup
This new tool serves to delete pesky and unwanted toolbars and plug-ins (extensions or browser helper objects) from your browser(s). Simply download and run the Browser Cleanup utility without the need to install anything. Once you run the utility, you will see a list of toolbars and plug-ins and be able to disable them with one simple click. Avast Browser Cleanup is completely free of charge.
- Select your current browser from the list on the left
- Uncheck the box “Exclude add-ons with a good rating“
- Click Disable or Remove by the Browser Helper Object or Extension you wish to disable or remove according the malware you try to remove. Search for the malware in the list and remove anything you don’t know.
- Optional: if you would like to reset your browser click “Reset Settings” in the right upper corner of Avast Browser Cleanup. This will solve most of the problems with your browser. First remove any extension or browser helper object.
AdwCleaner – Automatically remove Adware, Pop-ups and Redirects
How to use AdwCleaner step-by- step using this guide on how to remove any kind of unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and all sorts of adware with AdwCleaner. Today, a lot of the software free to download is bundled with all sorts of additional (unwanted) software such as toolbars and other software that you may prefer not to have on your computer. Often and even unasked adware is installed on your computer. This potentially unwanted software known as (PUPs) are often difficult to remove.
This is where AdwCleaner will help you clean your computer from the unwanted software. AdwCleaner is free to use and offers a scan feature to determine if the found software is malicious or not. If you do not want to remove the software that is found during the scan, simply uncheck it from the items list.
AdwCleaner does not contain a installer and can be opened from any location on your computer. After the scan and removal of unwanted software, simply click the Uninstall button in AdwCleaner to remove AdwCleaner.
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevated permissions to remove specific files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Report button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyse.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this logfile can be found in your systemdrive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyse, if not just delete AdwCleaner using the Uninstall button.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware – Remove any malware and protect your computer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers
*According to OPSWAT, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the most popular security product installed by users.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
If you find malware in your free scan consider upgrading to our PRO Version.
The PRO version stops malware dead in its tracks, never allowing it to access your PC.
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Blazing fast flash scans
1 year/3 PCs for only $24.95.
This is not a attempt to let you buy software you do not need or that does not work, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works.
Over 300 million downloads worldwide, they can’t be wrong are they ? Try the free version first.