updated: august 2017 – follow all steps to successfully detect and remove adware.
Reimage PC Repair pop-ups occur when your computer is infected with adware, also known as a potentially unwanted program. Adware displays ads all over the place and promotes pop-ups as Reimage PC Repair. It tries to trick you into buying software to solve the adware problem. Do not buy it it’s useless, follow our instructions instead!
Reimage PC Repair is a Potentially Unwanted Program, which installs itself on Internet browsers when users downloaded free software from websites that promote bundled custom installers. Developers of this adware use a dubious software marketing method named bundling to install the Reimage PC Repair plugin inadvertently without their permission. After successful infiltration, this add-on generates intrusive online advertisements: sponsored links, banner, interstitial, video, coupons, and in-text advertisements. Clicking on these third party ads can lead to high-risk malware infections. Besides, this plugin tracks clients Internet searching action by recording URLs of sites went by, pursuit terms entered into web indexes, IP locations, and other data, which might be generally identifiable. This can bring problems of genuine security issues or fraud.
Browser Extensions are usually very helpful and enhance your browser experience. Since the introduction of Browser Extensions in 2010 for Google Chrome, they are being used more and more. These additions, usually written by a third-party, can expand your browser’s functionality to unlimited levels. Unfortunately, there are also third-party’s that use Browser Extensions not to enhance your browser experience but by enhancing their own experience by implementing add-on’s that promote ads and other not useful malicious software.
It is advised to follow all steps in this removal instruction to completely clean your computer and browser(s) from any unwanted PUPs, Adware, Toolbars, Browser Extensions.
Remove Reimage PC Repair pop-ups caused by adware.
Remove Reimage PC Repair adware – Windows 7
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select All software unknown to you (software can have lots of different names), and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Remove Reimage PC Repair adware – Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click All software unknown to you (software can have lots of different names), and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure when you uninstall the malware that there is no extra software is offered during uninstallation and read every pop-up before clicking any button.
Remove Reimage PC Repair adware BHO from Internet Explorer
- Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then select All extensions unknown to you.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Tap or click Remove and then tap or click Close. Otherwise, click Disable button.
The risks of installing Internet Explorer add-ons
While add-ons can make your browsing experience better by giving you access to great web content, some add-ons can pose security, privacy, or performance risks. Make sure any add-ons you install are from a trusted source.
Remove Reimage PC Repair adware extension from Google Chrome
Uninstall an extension to remove it completely from the Google Chrome browser. Extensions are extra features and functionality that can easily be added to Google Chrome. By using extensions, you can customize Google Chrome with features you like, while keeping your browser free of things that you don’t use. Unfortunately, there are also extensions that are used to collect personal and internet behavior from your computer for revenue. Make sure you delete all extensions from Google Chrome that you do not need, know or trust. Keep the extensions in Google Chrome clean for the best internet experience while using Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon by the All extensions unknown to you extension you’d like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove. If the extension is Installed by Enterprise Policy then download Zemana Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (below).
Remove Reimage PC Repair adware extension from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select All unknown extensions you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove or Disable button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
Remove Reimage Repair pop-ups with Malware Removal Software
Malwarebytes – Next generation Malware Removal and Antivirus Replacement
Malwarebytes is a next-generation antivirus replacement. Malwarebytes is the first of its kind for home users, employing four independent technology modules—anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection—to block and remove both known and unknown threats.
Download Malwarebytes for Windows for free and you get 14 days of full real-time protection. After the 14 days are up, Malwarebytes for Windows reverts to a very limited but still free version that will only disinfect your computer after an attack.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Threat Scan using the Scan Now button
Detects and prevents contact with fake websites and malicious links. You are proactively protected from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising. Worried about wandering into a “bad” Internet neighborhood? Now you don’t have to be.
Zemana Anti-Malware – Remove Adware from your computer and clean your browser
You may have an antivirus solution installed on your PC and think that you are safe, but having in mind the daily statistics for infected PC’s which only have one AV installed, you might want to think again!
Zemana AntiMalware adds additional layers of security. With its real-time protection, for fast and efficient scanning, it makes sure that you are protected before malware has infected your PC. It is lightweight, highly optimized and fully compatible with any AV solutions installed. It doesn’t affect your overall PC performance nor does it clutter up your drive.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
- Launch the Zemana Anti-Malware install setup
- Follow instructions during setup
- Click Scan to start scanning your computer for malware
- Wait for the malware scan to finish, it takes about 5 minutes
- When the scan is finished the results show up, click Next to start the actual removal process
- The malware is removed, that’s it. Click Back to go to the main window.
AdwCleaner – Automatically remove Adware, Pop-ups, and Redirects for free!
How to use AdwCleaner step-by- step using this guide on how to remove any kind of unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and all sorts of adware with AdwCleaner. Today, a lot of the software free to download is bundled with all sorts of additional (unwanted) software such as toolbars and other software that you may prefer not to have on your computer. Often and even unasked adware is installed on your computer. This potentially unwanted software known as (PUPs) are often difficult to remove.
This is where AdwCleaner will help you clean your computer from the unwanted software. AdwCleaner is free to use and offers a scan feature to determine if the found software is malicious or not. If you do not want to remove the software that is found during the scan, simply uncheck it from the items list.
AdwCleaner does not contain an installer and can be opened from any location on your computer. After the scan and removal of unwanted software, simply click the Uninstall button in AdwCleaner to remove AdwCleaner.
How to use AdwCleaner
- Close all open windows from your browsers before starting AdwCleaner.
- Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to start the tool.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, Windows 10 users must click right mouse button on AdwCleaner.exe and choose Run as Administrator. AdwCleaner needs elevating permissions to remove malware files from your computer.
- Then click on the Scan button, this scan will only perform a scan and nothing is removed from your computer, just yet.
- Then wait until the scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished you will see the files that are detected by AdwCleaner. Uncheck items you do not want to remove.
- Click the Logfile button to see a list of all the items that were detected for better analyze.
- If you are ready to remove the found and checked items, click the Clean button.
- AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
A logfile will open once your computer is restarted, this log file can be found on your system drive and AdwCleaner folder.
You may need it for further analyze, if not: just delete AdwCleaner.